My August Capsule Makeup Bag

So I don't have an extensive makeup collection, as beauty gurus go, but I feel as though it's still on the larger side for me.

I'm going to do a capsule makeup and skincare bag for the month of August, just to see how it goes.

If it works out, I'm going to keep going, at least on a monthly basis, for the rest of the year. After 2022, we'll see how this goes.

With that, let's get into the products.



ELF Flawless Satin Fondation - Snow
: this is the third or fourth bottle I've bought of this foundation. It's ELF, so it's cheap. But, also because it's ELF, the shade range is a little limited, it's less than 1 oz (the standard foundation size), and it has a bit of a smell. If any of those bother you, you'd want to stay away. That said, I like the wear time on me, and it's one of the few foundations I've encountered where I don't feel as though it's sitting on my skin.



Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush - Seduce: this is a newer product. I got the Paaarty blush a few years ago when it was a free gift at Sephora, and have since finished it up. I like how buildable the formula is.



Ulta Beauty Matte Eye Primer: I got a sample of this a while ago and have been waiting to use up old eye primers to finally repurchase.

Colourpop Clear Brow Gel: not much to say. It's a clear brow gel. I don't expect much from brow gels - I don't need a lot from my brow products. When I use brow products, I just need a little extra shaping help.


Singles Eyeshadow Palette:
 the round pans are depotted from the Colourpop Misunderstood palette (devious, flotsam, underworld, and tragic). The square pans are from Makeupgeek - So Pale, Shimma Shimma, Mystical, and Medieval. The ones with pans - well, I've been trying to pan those.

Milani Gilded Terra Eyeshadow Palette: I'll do a whole Pan that Palette intro on this one, but I'm trying to pan this. Obviously. So far, the mattes are pretty good and the shimmers are hit or miss.

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner, Dark Brown: it's a solid product. I know that's a boring review, but that's basically all I can say about a brown eyeliner.

Covergirl Exhibitionist Mascara: This is not my favorite, but it works. When done, I'll probably go back to a sample size of a Tarte mascara.

Colourpop Lippie Stix, Byron Babe: this is a "my lips but better" shade. It's not my absolute favorite formula ever, but it's solid for the price point. I think that can be said for a lot of Colourpop things - it's a good product for the price point. (That said, once one knows what one is looking for in a product - whether color or amount of product or wear time - there are other options that fill those categories better).

Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick, Bawse: This is one of the products that I was referencing earlier. The wear time on this is excellent. It's not quite my shade, but I've noticed it doesn't start to fade until I start eating. Being a tour guide and podcaster - I talk a lot. When done, I'll be looking for a slightly darker shade of red.

Burt's Bees Lip Balm, Salted Caramel: This is solid, like most other things here. It's also my only lip balm.

Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume: I'm also trying to use this up. It's a nice fragrance, and quite summery and floral.


Body Prescriptions 2-in-1 Exfoliating Facial Cleanser with Vitamin C:
 this I got at TJ Maxx for $3, because I thought I needed this much of an exfoliant. I don't. Turns out a gel cleanser works well for me, but I don't want this to go to waste. It's about half done now, and I hope to finish it by the end of the month. Or, at least, by Halloween.

Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40: This just came in an Ulta set - one of those "spend $70 and get some random products" that, somehow, I always fall for. Surprisingly, it's actually good sun protection and doesn't feel like actual sunscreen.

Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum: This came in the Ulta sampler over the winter, and I'm just now getting to it. I have way too much skincare.



Sunday Riley CEO Vitamin C Rich Hydration Cream: yet another sample size - this one from the same one as the Supergoop. So far, I like it, but I don't think Sunday Riley is worth the money.

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Moisturizer: So, I got that Ulta "spend $70" thing over the winter, and also a few weeks ago. And this product showed up in both. The one here is the older one, and I'm aiming to use up both just because... well, why spend money on moisturizer when I already have moisturizer.

Comments

Popular Posts