My favorite fall lipsticks

Hello! I haven't done any favorites posts ever, and not a lot of recommendations, so here's my first! An alternate title for this is "my favorite red/ berry/ darker tone lip products." This is the best time of year to wear these shades, and so here are my top five.

MY FIRST LOVE: Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo (NyxUlta, and drugstores)
Color description: deep cranberry red
Finish: Matte
Price/ size: $6.50 for an 8 ml tube ($0.81/ml)


This is the product that I've had in the collection the longest, and the first red I really fell in love with. It's bright enough for year-round wear, but I like that it's still dark enough to fit in with fall and winter tones. Though the tube says there's 8 ml, but I'm not sure there's a full 8 ml (I could be wrong). It does take a little while to build to opacity, but it doesn't transfer once it dries down and leaves a bit of a stain after eating.

SUPER COMFY: Milani Moisture Matte Lipstick in Matte Flirty (drugstores and Milani)
Color Description: berry/ purple-red
Finish: matte
Price/ size: $6 for 3.97 g ($1.51/g) 

This is my first and favorite red-berry shade. Like the line's name suggests, it's a very comfortable and moisturizing wear, but it's not as long-lasting as something like Monte Carlo. I like that it shows up a little different on everybody - for me, the red tones come out easily, but the purple has shown up more on others.

WORTH THE HYPE: Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita (Kat Von D and Sephora)
Color: Chestnut Rose
Finish: Matte
Price/ Size: $20 for 6.6 ml ($3.03/ml)

If I were to do the "Youtube Made Me Buy It" tag, this would be at the top of the list. Given the wear time when I've had it on, I think the "everlasting" part applies to the amount of product as much as it does the wear time. It isn't necessarily everlasting (it's definitely worn off during meals) but it's pigmented, transfer-proof, and has a lot of product in the tube, so I'm won't run out anytime soon.

WORTH A SPLURGE: Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Beetroot (found at Sephora)
Color Description: Bold Berry
Finish: Cream
Price/ size: $26 for 4.35 g ($5.97/g)


This is the first thing I've tried from Bite, and I really like it (it's also the most expensive on this list, both in general and per gram). I got this as a 100-point perk from Sephora a while back, and for some reason I only just started wearing it frequently. It's got a fairly comfortable wear, though it does transfer a little. It also has a really nice lemon taste, and the ingredients are natural and food grade.

NEWEST ADDITION: Shiro Cosmetics, The Blood of My Enemies (Shiro Cosmetics)
Color: Rust
Finish: opaque gloss
Price/ size: $9 for a 12 ml tube ($0.75/ml)


This is the newest addition to my collection, and one of the only glosses I've ever actually liked. This made it into the post for the color and taste, as both are fantastic. The difficulty is that, since it's a gloss, it transfers easily and isn't very long wearing. What's nice is that it's pigmented enough to hold color on its own, as one swipe can often do the trick.

Comments

Popular Posts