pan that palette update 2

Welcome to another Pan that Palette post! Here's the progress from last month to this month:



My goal for February was to hit pan on Jammin. Y'all, I could not stand Jammin. It was patchy. It was powdery. It took way too long to get any visible pigment on my face, and then it wouldn't blend with anything else. So, instead of trying to work with this patchy shade that took approximately a million and a half years to work, I crushed it up and put in a shadow from Pixi by Petra from an ipsy eyeshadow duo. If Peanut Brittle looks a little funny, that's also why - a little bit of the rubbing alcohol I was using for the Pixi shade got into the Peanut Brittle shade. Since there's less product in the Pixi pan than there was in the originial Jammin pan (.75g instead of 1g), and re-pressed shades also tend to be a little more powdery, I hope to hit pan on the no-longer-Jammin shade soon. It's a little hard to work with, but not as hard to work with as Jammin was (it's not scratchy, and it actually blends).

As you can see, I also hit pan on Jelly! WHOO! I'm glad that pan is finally showing, but I'm still struggling with the shade. Part of it is that I don't work with bright colors all that often anymore, so I'm not sure where to put it aside from the lower lashline. The other part, of course, is that it irritates my eyes a little, so I don't use it often over the entire lid. I've occasionally used it as an eyeliner or smudged on the lower lashes, when Silver Lilac isn't on the lashes instead.

In March, I want to hit pan on Spread the Love. Of the three big shades, it's the one I gravitate towards the most for a quick two-shade look, and it plays the nicest with the other shades in my Project 36 Pan. I'm going to try and hit pan on it in March so I can easily finish it by the end of the year. I'm also going to hit pan on the no-longer-Jammin shade. It's so close to pan I'm going to do my best to get it there next month. It still works great as a crease shade and a lower-lashes shade as well.

I still enjoy the palette - it plays nicely with all my other project pan shadows. I'm still reaching for this most days of the week - the only times I don't use it are when I don't have time to do more than eyeliner and concealer in the morning. I'm excited to get more of this done in March.

Comments

Popular Posts