Pan that Palette Update #4

Welcome back to another Pan that Palette post! I didn't make as much progress as I'd like this month (I didn't wear a ton of makeup this month, especially with this part of my Project Pan), but here's a progress update anyway! Here's a photo of last month vs this month:

As you can tell, there's not much progress in Licorice. I decided not to work on it very early in the month - it's super pigmented, which I appreciate, but that makes it hard to blend out as a crease color (at least for me). I might try and use it as an eyeliner later on in the year; right now I'm trying to pan two eyeliners, so it's hard to include it as a liner shade. If I only hit baby pan on this by the end of the year, I'll be satisfied. I may be weird in that I don't love black matte shadows.

I've used Butter Pecan mostly in the inner third of the eye, and combined it with Puddin as a crease/ outer third shade. I liked both of those shades, but I'm kind of disappointed there's not more progress on Puddin. As we know by now, mattes are hard to pan, but I am disappointed that there's not more of a dip on this. I'm also a little disappointed that there's not a pan on Butter Pecan, but this post is going up a little early in the month, so there's still hope. (Or, at least, that's what I'm telling myself.)
Other Updates: I used Peanut Butter a little as a main lid shade, but only until I hit pan on it, and then only one or two times after. I also used Coconut Creme to set primer, so there's a bit of progress there as well. I was hoping to get more progress on this month's shades, but hopefully there will be more progress next month.
Next month, I plan on working on three shades again: Mousse, Blueberry Swirl, and Frosting.
Blueberry Swirl is the colorful shade for this palette, and is described by Ulta as a metallic shimmery blue. I worry a little about this shade because I don't know how much I'll be able to incorporate a bright shade into everyday looks, but we'll see. I can try and use it as a lid shade or a crease shade.

Frosting is described as a chocolate brown with metallic pink. I can probably use this as a crease/ outer-third shade, similar to how I've used Puddin this month. I've learned in past months that I'm not great with shimmers in my crease, so that's going to be interesting to try. It might be a slightly shimmery match for my eyebrows, too, so I might be able to use it there if I need to.

Mousse is a medium/light tan matte, so I'll get the most use out of this one. I can use it similar to how I used Butter Pecan this month: inner third or main lid. I really like this one to blend everything together, so I should get a lot of progress on this one.

Comments

Popular Posts