Project 10-pan intro!

Greetings everyone and happy new year! To be honest, I'll be excited to not be in 2016 anymore. I'm really hoping next year will be better.

To kick off 2017, I'm doing my first ever project pan challenge! Project Pan is a challenge to use specific products enough that the bottom becomes visible - that the pan it comes in is showing. Often the challenge is to finish the thing off entirely, but usually a goal is to at least hit the bottom.

I'm doing a few project pan challenges this year, and the first two start tomorrow! One is a typical project pan, which I'll get to in a minute, and the other is a pan that palette challenge. I'll explain that more in another post later today. (It's a similar concept, but just with a specific palette instead of a variety of products.)

My first project pan is a bit of a challenge: I'm trying to finish 10 before April 10th (aka my birthday). That gives me 100 days to make a significant amount of progress on these 10 items. Some are closer to being done than others and I have a lot of deluxe samples in this project, so I'm hopeful this will work out. I have a lot of pressure coming from product expiration dates, so if things aren't finished by the end of the project I have a bit of motivation to throw them out.

Without further ado, let's get into the products.

1. Elf poreless face primer


I haven't used this much, but the expiration date is soon, so I want to use it up. I don't use a lot of face primers, mostly because I don't use a lot of foundation, so this is also a bit of a cheap test-run to see if I want to use something like this on a regular basis.

2. Make Beauty Highlighter, Llos


This color is so pretty! This came in an Ipsy bag a few months ago. It'll be a little hard to track the progress because this container doesn't stand up properly, but I guess I'll know it's done because it stops putting product out.

3. Trestique highlighter, Maldives Luminescent


This was one of the first highlighters I ever owned - it came in my first or second Ipsy bag. I like the color well enough, but it's not my favorite. I don't have too many uses left out of this, so it's a bit of a freebie, but I still want to use it up.

4. Seraphine Botanicals Blush


this blush was in one of my first Ipsy bags. It's a little dark for my skin tone, but maybe I can turn it into some kind of a contour shade. If nothing else, I can wear it as an eyeshadow - the pan is a little larger than a regular single eyeshadow.

5. TheBalm, Meet Matte Trimony sample - Matt Moskowitz


This sample was in an Ipsy bag last summer. I'm not in love with the formula or the color, but it's workable with some of the shades in the Too Faced palette I'm working on this year. Because it's a sample size (.5 g, just over half the size of the Too Faced pans), it should work through fairly quickly.

6. Ciate London Liquid Eyeliner, black


This is another item where it'll be hard to track the progress, since there's no visible way to tell. I guess it's one of those things where I'll know when it's done when it stops putting product on my face.

7. Nyx retractable lip liner, Vanilla Sky


I don't use lip liner too often, even though apparently you're technically supposed to? I don't want to sell this or give it away because it's been on my mouth and that's gross. It's the only lip liner I own, so I'm going to work through this and not repurchase.

8. Nyx butter lipstick, tan lines


this is the oldest lipstick in my collection. I love the formula of this but I don't really like the color. If there's one product I'm likely to fail on, it's this one.


Bonus photo: the starting point for the lip liner and lipstick. Each was placed at the bottom of the paper and the line was drawn where the top of the product was fully extended.

apologies this is a weird angle, I can't figure out how to rotate it

9. Bath and Body Works, Endless Weekend


I worked at Bath and Body Works one summer, but this was actually a gift from a friend. I've been slowly working through this for a while (as you can see by the perpetual progress tracking on the side) and I really like the scent. I just happen to have about a dozen Bath and Body Works items in my collection, so I'd like to finish a few.

10. Lemon Pomegranate Perfume


Again, I used to work at Bath and Body Works. I got this as an employee perk at the end of that summer and I got myself a backup because I really liked the smell. This is the first one I started using. I still like the scent, but I want to work through it because I want to move on to other things and work these out of my collection. This might be a bit summery for January through April, but we'll see.


So those are the 10 items I'll be working on! See you in the next update!

Comments

Popular Posts