Monthly Capsule Makeup: September

Here's what I'm using for the month of September.

FOUNDATION: COLOURPOP
I'm split on whether I like this foundation or not, so I'm going to take this month to figure it out. I don't mind the color match, but I don't know about the coverage and wear time.

BLUSH: TARTE SEDUCE
This is a rollover from August capsule makeup. I like it, and so I'm keeping it.

HIGHLIGHTER: BECCA AMETHYST
Highligher was one thing I noticed missing in August, so I'm including it here.

EYE PRIMER: ULTA EYESHADOW PRIMER

EYESHADOW SINGLES: Colourpop Misunderstood - Tragic, Devious; Makeupgeek Shimma Shimma and So Pale
The Colourpop singles are ones I'm trying to pan; the Makeupgeek singles are ones I've noticed can fill in the gaps from the Milani Gilded Terra Eyeshadow Palette. I'm almost done with the lightest shade in the Gilded Terra palette; Shimma Shimma is a little more subtle of a shimmer than the Gilded Terra palette.

EYESHADOW PALETTE: MILANI GILDED TERRA
Pan that Palette. Enough said.

EYELINER: BEAUTY VAULTE BLACK LIQUID LINER AND COLOURPOP JOY RIDE
In August, I noticed I wasn't a huge fan of brown liquid liner. I've noticed that I like brown pencil liner (not liquid), and black liquid liner (not pencil). So I'm including one of each.

MASCARA: UOMA MASCARA

BROWS: COLOURPOP BROW GEL

BALM: JANE IREDALE SAMPLE BALM
Burt's Bees is a rollover, and Jane Iredale is new. Jane Iredale is tinted, and I like it well enough.

LIP LINER: NYX RED TAPE
I like to use a red lip liner as a base for others, and this is a good one.

LIQUID LIP: MAYBELLINE THRILL SEEKER
It's finally fall, and it's literally my job to tell ghost stories, so these are a ~spooky aesthetic~

BULLET LIP: JUVIA'S PLACE RUDE GIRL
Juvia's Place is my oldest lipstick, and I'm not sure about the formula. Not sure if it's about the age or the formula itself. I'll make a decision at the end of the month.

LOTION: BATH AND BODY WORKS CARRIED AWAY
It's solid. It's old. I want to use it up.

MOISTURIZER: Florence by Mills; Supergoop sunscreen; Vichy Moisturizer; Loccitane Eye Cream
These are mostly just skincare grab bag items I want to use up in September. Hopefully in October I can focus on full-size items I know work for me.

SERUM: FOURTH RAY BEAUTY VITAMIN C SAMPLE
Another skincare grab bag item I'm looking to use up. I've had good results with Vitamin C, especially with acne. 

PERFUME: VERSACE EROS SAMPLE SIZE
This is tiny. Can you tell it was a point perk at Sephora? It's a masculine scent, which I like.

CLEANSERS: DRUNK ELEPHANT MICELLAR WATER; FORMULA 10.0.6. SAMPLE FACE WASH
I usually wash my face twice a day, and take off my makeup with micellar water in the evening. Of the skincare grab bag items, the face wash is one of the few solid hits I've had. I still have a few face washes to use up after, but I'd definitely revisit those when this is done. 
The micellar water - well, it's Drunk Elephant, and I don't know if I'd pay Drunk Elephant prices for micellar water again.

Comments

Popular Posts