READING GOALS: SEPTEMBER

 In my continuation of "trying to read 13 books by Halloween," here are the books I'm planning to read (and hopefully finish) in September. This is pretty ambitious, as I read faster with an audiobook than with paper books, but we'll see how this goes.

In the goal of 13 by Halloween, I've already finished 2. With 11 remaining, I have to do 6 books in September and 5 in October. (It technically could be vice versa - 5 in September and 6 in October - but there's slightly less work in September, so I'll have more time).


ROLLOVER BOOK:
FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING BY JRR TOLKIEN


NEW BOOKS:
Ghosts by Edith Wharton
A series of ghost stories. Pretty short, so it should be easier to finish in a reading-heavy month.

The Ornament of the World by Maria Rosa Menocal
This discusses the religious diversity in pre-Inquisition Spain, which is really cool. Spain was once described as "the ornament of the world," hence the title of the book. 

Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
I started this.... an embarrassingly long time ago, and this bookmark hasn't left that spot in literal years. Given that I only remember the premise ("creepy bookstore needs a night clerk"), I'm going to restart and revisit this.

Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
I got the audiobook last year at the library and had to return it before I could finish. I promptly went out and bought the hardcover, and immediately proceeded to not finish the book. It's so creepy though, which is kind of the point of Gothic literature. 

The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
I know this is predicated on my finishing fellowship this month, but I'm GOING TO DO IT. I'M GONNA DO THE THING. 

Comments

Popular Posts