ANTI-HAUL - WINTER 2018

Hello! Welcome to my second-ever anti-haul! If you don't know what an anti-haul is, it's a list of what I'm not going to buy. Instead of what I will buy or have bought, it's what I'm definitely not buying. These are all brands I've tried (except Morphe, haven't tried yet), but these are things I'm not buying. I'm on a low-buy, so I need to talk myself out of a lot of stuff. Without further ado, let's get into it!

The first thing I won't buy is the Too Faced White Peach Palette. To be honest, the Just Peachy Mattes Palette looks like a great palette - it's cohesive, and there's not a lot of in-palette dupes in the mattes palette. Also, the Just Peachy Mattes seems actually peachy. This one seems just like variants of pink, featuring a matte black. No, thanks. Also, what do you do with a glittery black?

I'm also not buying any of Morphe's Neutral Palettes. I have no issues with Morphe in general - I haven't owned anything from them, but I'm sure there's solid items in the brand. However, so many of their neutral palettes are 35 pans, but only 5 shades. Take a look at this palette, the 35T. See what I mean? It's practically 5 shades presented 35 pans. I was interested in the 35O for a long time (link here); though there's much more variety in the latter palette, how many of those darker shades will show up differently on the eye? If I need a cheap brights palette, I'll go to Morphe. Otherwise, nope.

Tarte lip blings - I understand that metallic lipstick is a thing, but have you ever seen it worn offline? Do your coworkers wear metallic lipstick? Do any of your siblings wear them? Add to that, the formula is awful. It just seems worse if you add glitter.

Nyx Powder Puff Lippies - What is a powder lipstick, and why did anyone think a powder look on your mouth is a good idea? I love Nyx's lip products, but that look is not one for your mouth.

Comments

Popular Posts