September Ipsy Unboxing

Welcome back to another ipsy unboxing! Here's what I got in my bag this month! I've decided to carry over the rating system I used last month for Boxycharm - Hits, Mehs, and Misses. Hit is 1 point, meh is .5 point, miss is 0 points. The best score is a 5/5.

I LOVE THE BAG THIS MONTH, TOO!

First, I got the Luxie Beauty 207 brush.

I do have a Luxie 514 brush (the angle on the 514 is a little bit sharper than the 207), but I do really like the angle of this. Luxie always has really good quality brushes, so I'm glad to have another one from them.
This comes in one size. $12. This is a hit.


Next is the Pixi by Petra Beauty Blush Duo in Peach Honey.
This is a two-toned blush - I really like the texture. The more golden side is a bit too yellow for me, but the peachier side I'm excited for. This is also the perfect format for blending the two together. This is a hit.
Pixi by Petra sells this as a duo with a kabuki brush for $18. This is full size.

Third I got the Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Radiance Primer.
I wasn't a huge fan of the Elf illuminating/ radiance primer, but this doesn't seem to have as much gold/ glittery residue. I do like the regular photo finish primer, so I have hopes for this. I'm not sure about radiance. This is a meh.
This size: $7.25 Full size $36

I also got the Elizabeth Mott Pop! Goes the Shadow in Toasted.
This is a very pretty shade, but it's honestly not my favorite. I'll probably get some use out of it, but it's a bit shimmery for how dark it is. I'll see what I can do with this but it's not my favorite. It's a miss for me.
This size $4.55, full size $13.

Finally I got the Manefit Beauty Planner Masks - one is Mugwort for astringent pore care, the other is lily for whitening and brightening.
The mugwort mask was definitely good, the lily not so much. I don't need whitening anything (I'm already fairly pale), and the serum didn't sink in very well for the lily one. I do like the scents on both, and I did notice differences after using them. This is a hit.
Both come in sets of $10 for 5, so each are $2

FINAL SCORE: 3.5/5

Comments

Popular Posts