#RainbowProjectPan update 1!

Here's my first update of the #RainbowProjectPan!  If you missed the first post, here's a link. (As mentioned, this is a collab that I started a little late, but better late than never! There's a link to everyone's intro at the beginning of the first post.)

First is hot pink; I'm doing the Matte Orchid lipstick by Milani. I like the formula and it smells really nice, but I've learned that hot pink is definitely not my lipstick color (or, at least, I don't have the nerve to wear it out of the house every day). I loved the formula, and I definitely want to try more of Milani's matte lipsticks. However, because I'm not in love with the shade and I'm trying to downsize my collection, this has been decluttered. One item down! (It seems like lipsticks are often the first to go for me. Why is that?)

For red, I'm panning the red shade in the Jelly Pong Pong Neapolitan Eyeshadow trio. I haven't been using this as much as I should, but I like the way it applies when I do. I'll try and expand pan on the red shade even more next month and at least hit pan on the cream shade. If I've hit major pan on the cream and almost finished off the red shade by the end of the project, I'll be fine with decluttering this palette. I don't care much for the darker shade, so I'd be fine if I don't make too much progress on it.


For orange, I'm doing the Stila Stay All Day liquid eyeliner in Amber. When Stila says "stay all day," they mean it. I work two jobs, and I once had a small patch of this last from when I applied it at 6:25 AM, through two makeup wipes between shifts (twelve hours later), and STILL didn't come off until 9:30 the following morning. Because this is a liquid liner, I don't know accurately how far along I am; I haven't applied it as much as the Iris liner, and it definitely feels like I have a lot left.

For yellow, I'm working on the Pink Lemonade Fizz fragrance mist from Bath and Body Works. My goal with this is just to get to the halfway mark. I didn't use this as much as I could have this month because I was trying to finish off the Lemon Pomegranate Cream Fragrance Mist from my last project. I'm not super happy with the progress, but I should be able to hit the halfway point by the end of the project.


For green, I'm doing my first attempt at panning nail polish with the Formula X sample in Huntress. I really don't have a lot of progress on this, because I don't do my nails a lot. Most of the time I have to keep my fingernails polish-free for work, so that leaves me with my toes. I applied maybe once this month, so if I reapply every two weeks or so (and maybe invite my friends over to do their nails too) then maybe I'll get through this. I really like the color, I just can't wear much nail polish.

For turquoise, I'm working on the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. This is a staple for me; I use it most days when I wear eye makeup. I was hoping to be farther along than I am, but I think I'll be through this by the end of the project.

For indigo, I'm panning the Luna by Luna baked highlighter in Calypso. I've worn this most days that I've worn makeup, and I really like the formula. I was hoping to flatten the dome of the product, which I think I've mostly done, so now I want to see if I can hit pan.

Finally, my purple item is the Hikari Liquid Liner in Iris. I really like this because it goes on so dark that it's almost black - it's pretty good for an almost-neutral eyeliner when I'm going to work. It also works better with most makeup looks than orange does; the Stila eyeliner is more of a standalone product for me. Again, since this is a liquid liner, I can't really tell the progress.

There's my update! Hope yours is going well!

Comments

Popular Posts