36 in 2018 Project Pan Intro

Hello! Here I am with the craziest project pan idea I've ever had. Will this work? I have absolutely no idea! That's why I'm trying. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?
The idea is to try and finish 36 items in the calendar year of 2018. (This is not counting Pan that Palette, which will be introduced in a separate post). I know that's crazy, and I have no idea if I'll be able to actually do it, but I'm going to try my damndest, dammit. I love some of my collection, like most of it, and tolerate a few things. The goal of this project is to really work with a lot of those like/ tolerate products to either use them up or see if I should repurchase any.

This idea is crazy, and it ties into my yearlong low-buy. I'm setting myself a budget of $300 for the entire year of 2018. It includes all makeup things (it does not include cleansing products - face wipes, face wash, body wash, shampoo, etc, as those aren't my problem areas, and I run through face wipes too quickly). My goal for 2018 is also a 2-out-1-in - I can't get a new eyeliner unless I've used up or decluttered two. This is non-transferable per category - I can't declutter two lipsticks to get an eyeliner. If I do declutter two lipsticks, I'll be allowed to get a new lip product, but only if it's a repurchase or something I've been interested in getting, and not just because I have space for something new.

Without further ado, let's get into the categories.

Face primers - 2


1. Too Faced Primed and Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer
2. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - Pore Filling
The Too Faced Primer is the one I'm trying to finish first - it's the biggest, and has the shortest expiration date. I own three face primers (the last is the clear Smashbox face primer in a similar .5 oz sample), so I really want to seriously test them out to figure out my favorite. At the end, I want to repurchase one, but not both.

Foundations - 2


3. Nyx Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation, Creamy Natural
4. Fenty Pro Filt'r Foundation, 170
These are both good foundations, though oxidizing a little too pink is a problem for both. I'll focus on the Nyx one first, because it's older. The Fenty one is a hair too dark, but I like the formula, so it'll work better for the summer when I'm outside a bit more. They also mix together well, so I may be able to double up in using them up.

Concealers - 2


5. Nyx HD concealer wand, Porcelain
6. Trestique Mini Concealer, Porcelain
The Nyx Concealer has the shorter of the two expiration dates, so I'll need to use that first. The Trestique one has really good progress and longer expiration, so it's less urgent. I don't wear concealer all the time, so I'd only like to repurchase one of these.

Highlighters - 2



7. Urban Decay Afterglow highlighter sample, Sin
8. PrettiesForYourFace highlighter, Goldslick
I want to finish Sin before I work on getting through Goldslick. Sin is my least favorite highlighter in my collection, but it's also the smallest. If there's one I would definitely want to get out of my collection, it would be that. Goldslick is getting a little old, so I'd like to get through it, too.

Blush - 2


9. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush Sample, Paaarty
10. theBalm, Hot Mama
I'm starting with paaarty - less because of age and more because it's the closest to being done. I also already just bought the full size at the end of November, and I really want to finish the sample up so I can work on the full size. I'll focus on Hot Mama next, as I'll need the rest of the year to finish it. This was the first full-size blush I bought; it's definitely getting old, so I want to use it up. It's a great formula though, and I really love the color.

Bronzers - 2


11. Benefit Hoola Bronzer sample
12. Too Faced Blushing Bronzer, Sweetie Pie
I'm focusing on Hoola first, as Benefit isn't cruelty-free and the size is smaller. I do like the color, but I really want to use up the non-cruelty-free items in my collection. Sweetie Pie is one of the largest single items in my collection, and is not my absolute favorite product. It does smell nice, and 13 grams is quite a bit above standard sizing, but it'll take a long time to get through. If the year ends and this is only halfway done, I'll be fine with that.

Setting Spray - 1


13. Spray. Set. Go setting spray
This is a little bit of a Gimme product - I don't really use setting spray, and I don't plan on repurchasing, but it's not hard to get a lot of use out of it.

Eye primer - 2



14. Wet n Wild Photofocus eye primer
15. Nyx white eye base
I really like the Wet n Wild primer formula; if the end of the year comes and the Nyx primer is still around, I'm just going to toss it. It's not my favorite - I look more for wear time than color, and the Nyx eye base creases really badly. I do want to really work through it before I declutter it, though.

Eyeshadow Singles - 4


16. Nyx Prismatic Shadow, Golden Peach
17. Nyx Hot Singles Shadow, LOL
18. Elizabeth Mott Pop! Goes the Shadow single sample, Toasted
19. Coastal Scents Hot Pot, Silver Lilac
These represent some of the oldest singles in my collection. Though some of them have more product in them than others, I really want to use these up; they're all getting old. These aren't all the absolute oldest in my collection, but they're some of the ones that need the most attention. The other old ones fit into my collection better.

Eyeliner - 4


20. Smashbox Always Sharp Eyeliner, Raven
21. Smashbox Always Sharp Eyeliner, Royal
22. Smashbox Always Sharp Eyeliner, Sumatra
23. Smashbox Always Sharp Eyeliner, Blueprint
The Smashbox liners are the oldest in my collection, so I need to use them up. I'll be focusing on Raven and Sumatra to use up first, if possible.

Brows - 1


24. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, Ash Brown
The ABH Dipbrow is iconic on YouTube, but its shelf life is apparently only 6 months. It apparently takes well over 6 months to use up, and it's a hair dark for me, so we'll see how this goes, especially as it's barely been touched. I really want to use this up entirely.

Lip Liner - 1


25. Nyx slide-on glide-on lip liner, Red Tape
This is one of two lip liners I own. I don't use liner much, so I want to use it up.

Lip Balm - 2

26. Hey Honey, Besame Mucho
27. Jersey Shore Cosmetics, Peppermint
This is in order of expiration; Besame Mucho expires the soonest, and Peppermint has a little more time. I love the formula and scent of Besame Mucho, but I can't stand the application method.

Liquid Lip - 2


28. Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream, Zurich
29. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, Lolita
Again, this is in order of expiration. Zurich is closer to being done than Lolita, and it expires in April. I want to get use out of it before it goes too bad.

Bullet Lip - 2



30. Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick, Beetroot
31. Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lipstick, An Affair
Laura Mercier's cruelty-free status is questionable, hence why it's in this project. I don't really know how I like the shade, but it's a good formula. I really do like Beetroot; unless I find a more affordable color dupe, I might purchase the full size once I'm done with the sample. I want to finish up the sample first, as it might make me feel more accomplished about it.

Perfume - 2


32. Sarah Jessica Parker eau de parfum, Lovely
33. Bath and Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist, Lemonade Fizz
I really like the scent of the Sarah Jessica Parker perfume, and I really want the Bath and Body Works one out of my collection, so Bath and Body Works is getting out first. The Sarah Jessica Parker perfume is definitely really nice, though, and I definitely want to get good use out of it.

Lotions - 2


34. Bath and Body Works Body Lotion, Dark Kiss
35. Bath and Body Works Body Cream, Amber Blush
I want to use up Dark Kiss first, because it has a bit more use. Amber Blush definitely needs attention, though, as it's the oldest lotion in my collection currently. I keep Dark Kiss at my desk at work, so I can reapply a few times a day.

Nail Polish - 1


36. Formula X, Huntress
I don't do my nails often, but I want to use this up so I can get it out of my collection.

Thanks for bearing through this long, photo-heavy post! I'll be doing monthly updates to track progress. Thanks for tuning in!

Comments

Popular Posts