2017 wrap-up/ 2018 goals

Welcome back! I know this isn't my usual topic, but i want to bring it up, as this is a panning blog. This is the wrapup/ goals post for the year!

This year, I participated in the Reverse Rouge Challenge on Reddit, where I tried to use up $1000 worth of makeup products. Based on my tracking, I've used up or decluttered about $1700 worth of products (not counting Decembers numbers yet). Obviously that does include things I've decluttered, including palettes, that weren't entirely used up yet. I plan on participating in Reverse Rouge again in 2018, but I plan on doing it properly - I plan on tracking the amount of makeup I get out of my collection, but I also plan on tracking on what is decluttered vs what is finished.

I'm proud of my progress this year in panning and using my collection, but I want to do even better in 2018. Most of my collection, right now, consists of items that I at least tolerate - I don't absolutely hate anything in my collection, but there are things that I also don't absolutely love. The percentage of items in my collection that I love is definitely higher than it was in January, but it's not at 100% yet.
Because of this, I'm going to try and limit my intake of makeup products for the next year. I'm setting myself a yearlong budget of $300 for all makeup products (including things like face wash, but not things like face wipes, as I run through them too quickly). I'm also cancelling ipsy at the end of December. I initially got ipsy because I was curious about subscription boxes and I wanted to expand and round out my collection. It's definitely served its purpose in that regard, and I've definitely appreciated all the things I've discovered through the service. I think I've gotten my tastes of items I do and don't like, though. Because of that, I don't feel I need to keep the service any longer.

I'm also going to upload a lot more project pan updates on YouTube as well. I'll still update here weekly (or as close to weekly as I can), and I want to bring back bookish Fridays as well. I'm definitely going to try bringing back the 46 books challenge, too, but that's a bit more effort.

Thank you for bearing with me this year as I get my feet under me. It's been a great ride, and I look forward to 2018 and the adventures ahead. I hope your holidays and new year are great!

Comments

Popular Posts