December Ipsy unboxing

Welcome back to my last ever ipsy unbagging! In case you missed it, I'm cancelling ipsy at the end of the year. Though I love the service, I've rounded out what I need in my collection, and it's time to say goodbye. With that said, let's get into the products.

First I got the Smashbox Cosmetics Always On Gel Liner in Fishnet. I don't think the formula is bad by any means, but its' the fourth black eyeliner I have right now, including a liquid liner. While I definitely think I'll use it, and the wear time is nice. I'm just at black eyeliner saturation point right now. This is a meh for that reason alone.
This size - $13.25; Full size - $18

Second, I got the Ofra Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Ipsy Unzipped. Apparently Ofra made this shade specifically with ipsy, which is cool. I think the formula is fine, and it's not that bad of a color. I'm not sure I'd spend $20 for the full size, though. I don't often wear this shade of berry. This is a meh.
This size - $16.75; Full Size - $20

Third is the Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Orchid Ornament. These are two shades from one of their palettes, though I'm not entirely sure which one. The pigmentation is pretty good, but they're fairly small pans - the total weight of these two shades is about the same as a full eyeshadow. I like the color combination, though, and how portable it is. This is a hit.
This size - $4; Full-Size Six-Pan palettes - $12 for 6 shades

Next is the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser. I just panned the First Aid Beauty moisturizer, which is another hit that I got from ipsy. While I have several other face washes to work through - including ones from the drugstore that are better priced - I'm excited for this. This is a hit.
this size - $4; full size - $20


Finally is the Trestique Mini Brow Pencil in Americano. I wanted to like this. I really did. But the actual pencil was so stiff I easily broke it off, and there was no pigmentation in it at all. I tried to put it on the back of my hand, to no avail. I tried to put it on my brows, also to no avail. This is really bad. This is a miss.
This size - $10 for .005oz of pencil product; Full Size - $24 for .007 of pencil and .084oz of gel

In all, the rating for this bag is 3/5. The final cost is $48.

Would I resubscribe? Maybe. I don't really need any new makeup products right now, though, which is why I unsubscribed from the service starting in January. In the future, once my collection is much smaller, I might consider resubscribing, but that's a strong might. I'm grateful for everything I've gotten through ipsy - I've even purchased several full size products based on the things they've sent me (an Urban Decay Fireball eyeshadow showed up in my first ipsy bag, the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Moisturizer, theBalm Hot Mama Blush, Pixi by Petra eyeliners, and the Elizabeth Mott Liquid Lipstick (though I later decluttered it)). That said, I'm trying to downsize my collection next year, and I don't think I'm going to be able to downsize with all that product coming in. If I need inspiration for things or techniques to try, I'll go to Instagram or Pinterest.

In all, I'm glad I subscribed to ipsy back in June of 2016. While I wouldn't resubscribe, I'm glad I did in the first place. Hopefully next year I'll put my $120 towards something else: my shit-happens savings fund, for example, or my moving-out-of-my-parents'-house fund.

Who would I recommend ipsy to? My friends who want to try new things without breaking the bank, or who want to expand their collection without spending a ton of money. If you already know what you like, or if you're satisfied with the size and content of you're collection, you probably don't need something like ipsy.

Comments

Popular Posts