Pan that Palette FINALE!

Welcome to my finale for Pan that Palette 2017! This has been amazing. Here's all the photos:
December
 January
 February
 March
 April
 May
 June
 July
 August
 September
 October
 November
AND THE FINALE!

As you can tell, I finished Nougat, and I scraped out Caramel. That's two new shades down! Nougat was the first shadow I entirely finished. Pink Sugar doesn't count, as it broke on its own.
Now, at the end of the year, would I repurchase this palette? No, probably not. I really enjoyed using the palette, and I really appreciate that there are a lot of different tones and shades in here, but I've realized I'm not a huge fan of such varied tones of neutrals. If I'm going to buy a pre-made palette, I want to use all the shades, and I realized that I just didn't want to use every shade in here. I barely touched Hot Fudge, Cocoa Chili, or Puddin, for example, because I none of them worked well for my face. I only really went for Blueberry Swirl, Rum Raisin, and Licorice because I wanted to hit pan, and Pink Sugar was kind of a mess that broke on its own.
This palette is expensive - at $49, it retails for just over $3 a shade. But, taking out the seven shades that I was iffy on, it comes to $5.44 per shade. When you factor in that I only really liked about seven shades by the end of the year (Nougat, Coconut Creme, Caramel, BonBon, Mousse, Frosting, and Peanut Butter), the price comes to $7 per shade. For that price, I can go to Coastal Scents, Wet n Wild, Nyx or Milani and get single shadows with more product for about the same price or even less.
Am I glad I bought this palette? Yes. I definitely learned a lot about my own eyeshadow preferences with this, and developed some skills and color combos that I might not have tried otherwise. I wouldn't have tried eyeshadow as eyeliner, for example, if I wasn't trying to hit pan on Licorice.
That said, I wouldn't pan it again. I'm not sure I like it enough to buy it a second time. I'm grateful to have tried it long-term, but I would rather spend $49 on seven or eight full size Nyx shadows and not on this palette. At the start of the year, I was still trying to figure out what I liked in terms of tones and shade ranges; this was a good palette for that. This is iffy for absolute beginners; if you're intermediate or just want to figure out more about what your tastes are (and you have the budget for a Too Faced palette) I'd definitely encourage you to check it out.
That's my finale for Pan that Palette 2017! Stay tuned for the 2018 Introduction, where I'm going to do (gasp) another Too Faced Palette! Whoo! I swear I own more than just Too Faced palettes.
Thanks for bearing with this journey and I'll see you in 2018!

Comments

Popular Posts