April Ipsy Unboxing

Back again with another ipsy bag! I'm excited for this month; I was stocking up ipsy points, and I decided to redeem points for two items this month. One is exciting, but the other I'm not as sure about. We'll get to that at the end.

If you don't know what ipsy is, it's a monthly subscription that costs $10/ month (including shipping); you'll get 5 beauty/ hair/ skincare items, mostly samples, but often at least one item is full size (counting the brush and extras, 4/7 items are full size this month!) The value of each bag is $40-$50, so you're definitely getting a lot of bang for your buck. You can leave reviews for points, and your reviews will streamline what you get; as you'll see at the end of this post, you can redeem points for extra items. If you're interested in subscribing, follow the link here to get your first bag!

ITEM #1: Hanalei aloe soothing gel
I'm excited to try this out! The ipsy description says it can work as a primer, and the aloe will help with redness and uneven skin tone. The description also says it's "cooling, refreshing, [and] smoothing", too. It's a lot of claims, but I'm interested!
FULL SIZE: $30/ 100G, THIS SIZE: $3/ 10G


ITEM #2: Colourpop Creme Gel Pencil Liner in the shade Show Me
I have four ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadows (the ones you apply with your finger), and I've been eyeing their eyeliner (haha), but I haven't tried any of them yet. This is apparently a waterproof formula, and this color comes out as a really nice bronze shade. I like their shadows, so I'm excited for this. I do have a shade similar to this already in a NYX eyeliner, but that's a bit more expensive. If this works out, I might repurchase over the NYX one.
FULL SIZE (WHICH THIS IS): $5

ITEM #3: Hey Honey Besame Mucho Lip Balm
This isn't the first Hey Honey item I've gotten (I got a hydrating serum last winter; I nearly bought it before First Aid Beauty came along), and I'm interested in trying this out. I appreciate that this isn't full size, because I have yet to go through an entire lip balm. This has shea butter and Proplis (which is apparently an antibacterial extract from beehives... I hope they're taking care of their bees) and it smells really nice, too.
FULL SIZE: $14/ 15 ML, THIS SIZE: $7.50/ 8 ML


ITEM #4: Naked Cosmetics Pigment (shade: Heavy Metal 04)
I got a similar Naked Cosmetics item in my January bag, too, but this is from a different collection than the one from January (the January one was from the Desert Sunset collection; this is from the Heavy Metal collection. Naked Cosmetics usually sells the pigments in collections of 6 items, which is why they're usually called Collection 0123456, rather than "rusty mauve" or something). This is a rust-colored pigment, which can be used as an eyeshadow, eyeliner, lip tint, and nail polish (basically anywhere you can safely mix it with lip balm, water, or nail polish). To be honest, I'm probably going to just use it on my eyes, because I don't think orange would look great on my mouth, and I don't own any clear nail polish to mix this with. It's a great shade, and I can't wait to work on it.
FULL SIZE (WHICH THIS IS): $15

ITEM #5: Luxie Beauty Dreamcatcher Precision Foundation Brush 660

This is the third Luxie brush I've gotten from ipsy (I got a highlighter brush earlier this year, and an eyeliner/ brow brush last year). I don't often wear foundation, but this claims to also work well with highlighter, bronzer, and liquid concealer. We'll see how this goes! I'm starting to really like this brand, because the brushes work really well (duh), and they're also vegan and cruelty-free. I'm getting a bit of a face brush overload, though; if I get more brushes from ipsy, I hope they'll be more for eyes than for face.
FULL SIZE (WHICH THIS IS): $23

BONUS ITEM #1: Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Illuminating Face Highlighter in Rose Gold
This is a full size face highlight! HOORAY! I already have two highlighters I should probably work through before this, but this is such a pretty shade, and falls right in between a blush and a highlighter. I may have fallen for limited edition hype (in that ipsy has a limited supply; I'm on a low-buy, so I only want to spend extra money to replace items), but I'm still hyped to try this out because I love highlighters. This shade swatches very similarly to the Hot Mama blush from theBalm, but there's a lot more product in this. This brand is a small, newish, and cruelty-free company, so I might try a few more things from them once I try this out properly.
This is full size; retails for $32.


BONUS ITEM #2: Zapzyt Acne Treatment Gel
I thought I left acne troubles in high school, but apparently my face disagrees. When I redeemed points for this item, I was dealing with some cystic (hormonal) acne, and I have a terrible habit of picking at my acne. I'm hoping this will help get rid of acne before my bad habits make things worse.
Full size retails for $5 at Walgreens; this sample size is $1.25.

TOTAL VALUE WITHOUT THE BONUS ITEMS: $53.50
TOTAL VALUE WITH THE BONUS ITEMS: $86.75

Comments

Popular Posts