Thirteen by halloween update 1

Welcome back to a first 13 by Halloween Update! I had a whole load of progress in the first week, so that's why there's an update so close to the intro. I started with five products. Three of those are already finished. Here's what I finished and what they're getting replaced with. Hooray for progress!

The first thing I finished was the Pur-Lisse BB Cream in "Light" on August 22nd. This wasn't quite my shade, so I'm not going to buy the full size.
I've replaced it with the Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss Shea and Vitamin E Body Lotion. According to the back, this has notes of black raspberry, burgundy rose, bergamot incense, dark vanilla bean, and plum musk. This is one of the most intimidating parts of this project - I hope to finish this by the end of the project. I'm going to keep it on my desk at work and reapply a few times a day, so hopefully I'll get a lot of use out of it. The halloween tie-in is that the scent fits well for fall. Here's the line for where I started; I'll be putting a mark on it on every update after this one.


The next thing I finished (actually later on the 22nd) was the Lady Vengeance Perfume. I had high hopes for this but it wasn't my favorite scent. I'm definitely not buying the full size.
I'm replacing it with the Trestique mini concealer stick. Here's a photo from the 22nd, when I brought this into the project - I haven't used it too much since then, so it's not worth making a line for it. I hope to finish this by the end of the project as well. The intimidating factor in this is that this is practically new (even though it's a sample) so hopefully I'll get through it in a reasonable time.



I also started with the Urban Decay Optical Illusion face primer sample. I finished that on August 25th (this past Friday). It's definitely a very sticky kind of primer - if you wear foundation, it feels like the formula that will help with wear time. For $34 I'm probably not going to buy the full size - I realize that I do like primers that aren't ELF primers, but this is a touch too expensive for me.
I replaced the Optical Illusion primer with the Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in "Elixir." I just want to hit pan on it - a lot of the super shock shadows have an easy-to-pan formula, so I'll probably use this up a little more after I hit pan, just to make sure it's done. This is a great shade for fall, so that's the fall/ halloween tie-in.


I have progress on Colourpop's super shock shadow in Glow, even though I haven't finished it yet. I've used this as a primer most days, and I'm glad I have progress on it. Hopefully I'll finish this by the end of the project. Here's an update photo:

I also have some progress on the Tarte blush as well - not as much as I'd hope, but still progress. You really don't need much to get good payoff on this.

That's the first update for the 13 by Halloween! The rest of the products are going to be a little harder to hit goal on. I'll probably bring you an update on the last Tuesday/ Wednesday of the month, unless I hit goal on at least two items before that.
My prediction is that the concealer and Elixir will be the first to hit goal on (even though they're some of the newest products in the project). After that I think the next one to go would be Glow. I get the feeling the Tarte blush and the lotion are going to take the entire project to hit goal on.

Thanks for tuning in! Are you doing this kind of project? What are your products?

Comments

Popular Posts