BOXYCHARM UNBOXING

Back again with a Boxycharm Unboxing! I'm still deciding how I feel about Boxycharm; I don't like how it's not customizable, but I do like that you get full sized products. I'm giving until December to figure out if I want to keep it, so I'm going to decide later this year if this is the service for me. I'm going to try a new review style for this box based on first impressions: hit, meh, and miss. I'm going to assign a point value - 1 point for hit, 1/2 a point for meh, and 0 for miss. At the end, the box rating will be out of 5. Hopefully that makes sense.



First I got the Moda Pro 3-Piece Brush Set ($26) by Royal and Langnickel. I got an eyeshadow brush from this brand in my very first ipsy bag, and these are as good quality as that was! They're very soft and blend very well. I'm not a huge fan of the chisel brush - according to the little Boxycharm sheet, the chisel brush is ideal for contour and very precise highlight, but I don't contour or highlight that precisely. The other brushes I'll definitely use, and I'll figure out how to use the third. This is a hit!



There's also the Bellapierre Waterproof Gel Eyeliner ($15). I like it, but no more than other eyeliner. It's good, but I don't know if it's $15 good. This is a meh.



Third I got the Pür Pro Eyelashes. Here's the thing: I don't wear false lashes. I have no interest in false lashes - I just don't have the patience for it. These are getting passed on, so this is a miss.

I also got the #grlpwr liquid lipstick in the shade Date Night by The Beauty Crop ($14.95). This is a good shade and I like it. The formula is very lightweight; I need to test the wear time on it, but I like it so far. It did dry patchy the first time I wore it, but I'm holding hope this will work out. You'll see the arm swatch a little later; that swatch was on Friday evening, and it lasted until Sunday afternoon. This is a hit.


Finally is the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Volume 2 Palette ($36). For first impressions, I didn't expect to like this as much as I did. Part of me dreaded that I was getting eyeshadow - if there's one thing I've learned from project panning, it's that finishing eyeshadow takes a long time, and I've been focusing on my Pan That Palette this year. This seems more manageable - it's definitely more cohesive, and I like the formula a lot more. This can also fit into a makeup bag, so it can more well for travel. I'm most excited for this - this is definitely a hit.

here are all the swatches:


The final score for this box (based on hit, meh, and miss): 3.5. It got deducted 1 full point for the lashes and a half point for the eyeliner.

Comments

Popular Posts