Wonder Woman Book Tag

HEY! Remember when I did Bookish Friday, because 'bookish' is in the title of this blog??????? Let me get back to that with the Wonder Woman Book Tag. This was originally created by Amber (link here), and I decided to do it as well. I LOVED the film and I like this tag as well. Hope you enjoy!

1. Wonder Woman: your favorite badass female character
Ysabeau from All Souls Trilogy. Originally I was going to say Diana or one of the witches. Ysabeau has seen some shit, though. Probably more shit than Diana's seen, because she's so much older and her vampire origin story is horrifying.

2. Fantasy Island: a book setting you want to escape to
Hogwarts. Duh.

3. London: a hyped book that let you down
Outlander. I have a friend who's really, really into the series, and I started to read it. I wanted to like it. I did. But I just... I couldn't get into it, and I don't know why.

4. Steve Trevor: a book that has a beautiful cover and a great story
Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I really liked it (even though I'm STILL not done with the series).

5. Lasso of Truth: a book you hated
This should surprise nobody who remembers Bookish Fridays. I HATE Wuthering Heights.

6. Wonder Woman's Shield: a book so sad you needed to shield yourself
The most recent one I can remember is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It was my first John Green book and I definitely cried.

7. No Man's Land: a book you want to shoot to death
Can I say Wuthering Heights twice?

8. Ares: a villain that's scary but you can't seem to hate
If I have to pick any, it's probably Juliet from Shadow of Night of All Souls (I know this is repetitive). I definitely hated her, but I don't remember how much she functioned in the general arc of the trilogy. You heard about her before, which helped build her up, but... aside from being even more of an asshole than Philippe without the redemptive arc (and a whole lot crazier), she didn't seem to function well in the arc.

9. Dr. Poison: a villain that has no reason to exist
... I'll come back to this one when I'm done reading a few more books. I need to diversify my reading.

10. The Amazons: a book you wish had more LGBTQ+ representation
I'm going with Harry Potter again. It was such a formative part of my childhood that I would have loved to have some sort of canon gay relationship or trans/ queer/ bi characters in the main narrative, aside from "P.S. Dumbledore is gay FYI."

Comments

Popular Posts