Thirteen by Halloween Intro!

I have a lot I want to finish up before the end of 2017. Some things are expiring soon (I know that one could, hypothetically, ignore what the expiration date on the package of the makeup is, but I am not one of those people). So here is what I'm trying to pan before Halloween!
I'm doing a two-fold challenge with this project: one part rolling project pan, starting with five products (I can only put a new product in when I hit the goal on another product). The second part is with fall/ halloween/ scary theme: things that remind me of fall, remind me of halloween in some way, or are a little intimidating to finish up. Hopefully that makes sense.

So, since I'm doing a rolling project, I can only start with five products, so here are the five products I'm starting with.


First are the two base products: The Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer. This was chosen because, well, Halloween is all about illusions. This is only a sample, and I'm only halfway done, so it should be too hard.

Next is the Pur-lisse BB cream in "light." This was a sample from ipsy earlier this year; I don't hate it or the formula, but I've found a foundation from NYX that's much cheaper that's a better color match, so I want to use this up while I can.


Third is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Sample blush in Paaarty.& My family used to have a Halloween party every year for the neighborhood; Halloween is still my favorite time of year that makes me want to party all the time. Tarte blushes are notoriously hard to pan, so I only want to hit pan on on this (not finish it) before I move on.

Fourth is the Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Glow. This is getting a little old so I want to get use out of it before it completely dries out. This works as an all-over-the-lid shade or as a shadow primer, so I want to use the whole thing during this project. I picked Glow for two reasons: first, the name Glow reminds me of the glow of candles in pumpkins; second, this is one of the "it's a bit of a scary challenge" picks as well. I don't know if I'll finish the whole thing, but I can try.

Finally is the Juliette Has a Gun travel perfume in Lady Vengeance. I wasn't sure about this to begin with - and I'm still not sure enough about it to spend $100+ on the full size - but I think it's good enough for $28. I'm going to try and finish the whole thing. It has notes of Bulgarian Rose, Patchouli, Lavender, and Vanilla.
I picked this for this project because of the name - Lady Vengeance seems the name of some sort of vengeful superhero someone might pick as a Halloween costume.

These are the products I'm starting with for this project! Again, I'll roll things in as things get finished, so I'm not guaranteed to make progress on everything, which is scary in itself.

Happy early Halloween!

Comments

Popular Posts