PAN THAT PALETTE 2018

Welcome Back! Here's my intro for my 2018 Pan that Palette! This year I decided to pan the Peanut Butter and Jelly palette from Too Faced. Here's the starting photo!


The top row is Spread the Love, Peanut Butter, and Peanut Butter Cup. The second row are Bananas, Peanut Brittle, and Jammin. The third row is Extra Creamy, Jelly, and Nuts About U. Each horizontal row is a complete look. Spread the Love, Bananas, and Extra Creamy are the light base shades; Peanut Butter, Peanut Brittle, and Jelly are the main lid shades; Peanut Butter Cup, Jammin, and Nuts About U are the darker crease shades. I won't always go according to the recommended plan, though.

As for goals on this palette, I hope to finish every single shade. I know I had a lot of trouble with finishing the Semi-Sweet, but this has fewer shades and less product than the Semi-Sweet. The good thing about this palette is that all nine pans are very distinct shades. You won't get in-palette dupes here. With the Semi-Sweet Palette, a few shades seemed to show up very similar on my skin, but not so with this palette.
For a little while, I was considering trying what I did at the beginning of last year, where I tried to use up specific shades during specific months. I'm not doing that this year. As the PBJ palette is much smaller than the Semi-Sweet (both by grams and by number of shades), and each shade can work with each of the other shades more easily, I want to try to just hit pan as organically as possible. I may focus on specific shades as the year goes on, because I'm probably not going to be able to use up all of them organically.

The shades I'm most worried about finishing are Jammin and Jelly. In addition to irritating my eyes, Jelly is dry and uncooperative. Ideally, I'll be able to use it as a liner shade, or in some other way minimize the contact it has with the surface area of my eyelid. Jammin is my least favorite shade in the palette. It's the least versatile for me, as it can only be put in the crease. Also, it's almost as patchy as Jammin is, so it's going to be a lot of work to use it up.
My favorite shades in the palette are Nuts About U and Peanut Butter. Peanut Butter was one of my favorite shades in the Semi-Sweet, and Nuts About U is one of the best shades in this one. I love the color of Jelly, even if it irritates my eyes and is super patchy. If it comes to it, I'm going to crumble up Jelly and press another shade in the pan - possibly Silver Lilac from my Project 36 Pan.

I'm excited for this year! Hopefully I'll hit pan on everything this time. What are your panning goals?

Also, I've started updating my Pan that Palette on my YouTube channel as well. Follow this link and you'll find my intro!

Comments

Popular Posts