Pan that Palette - update 1

Welcome back to another Pan that Palette post! hope you're all doing well in your projects. Here's the reference photos for last month and this month:

I don't have any pans yet, but I'm frustratingly close on Jelly. It had a bit of a dip when I started this challenge, and the dip definitely increased, but it's not pan by any means. I have a little itty bitty bit of a dip going in Spread the Love, but aside from the one in Jelly, there's no real progress yet. I've been using Silver Lilac in my other project pans a little bit for my main lid shade when I use a purple shade at all - but I haven't really been using purple eyeshadow this month.

I've probably used Peanut Butter Cup or Jammin the least. Peanut Butter Cup is just because I haven't paid attention to it. Jammin is definitely my least favorite shade now, because it doesn't blend super well and feels very one-note (smudgy liner or crease shade... and crease shade is iffy). I don't have a ton of time in the morning - I usually do a two-shade look, sometimes three if I get the chance, and I don't have twenty minutes trying to push a brush into my eye socket to make a shadow cooperate. I'm also not a huge fan of dark shades with shimmer. While I definitely have progress in Jelly, that's because it's a pretty good main lid shade so it covers more surface area, even when I layer it with Silver Lilac. It's super chalky, so when I do use it I need to use it a lot.
I've been using Spread the Love a lot this month, as well as Extra Creamy. They're the most work-friendly neutral shades. Nuts About U is a really nice crease shade for a two-shadow look, and it blends really nice with Spread the Love and Extra Creamy. I haven't worn it enough to show progress, though.
I was fiddling around with the palette one evening and noticed that Bananas can also work as a highlighter. It's a little dark and a little intense for highlighter for me at this time of year, so I might do it as a highlighter during the summer. It's a little too bright for right now, though, and I'm trying to pan two other highlighters already, so I'm going to hold off on that for now.

Do I still like this palette? Of course! But I need to work on panning specific shades or specific looks next month. I'm going to try and hit pan on Jammin in February. While I'm frustratingly close on Jelly, I'm also trying to work through Silver Lilac from Coastal Scents, and I want to work through that before I go in on Jelly. I want to hit pan on Jammin, but not necessarily finish it in February. I really don't like the shade, so I really want to hit pan on it right now so I have progress on that early on in the year. Of all the shades in the palette, it's the one I'm least likely to gravitate towards. The sooner I've hit pan on it, the sooner I can stop thinking about it.

So that's my update! How are your projects going?

Comments

Popular Posts