FEBRUARY READING GOALS

Hey everyone!
Well, given that I only read one book in the month of January, I have the goal of only reading ONE BOOK in the month of February. If I get through this book and more, GREAT! If I only get through this book, ALSO GREAT!
This month, I plan to read Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert. It's apparently one of the first books with a lot of romance and sex and was super scandalous when it came out. It involves cheating, romance, more cheating, and financial ruin in the pursuit of romantic ideals.
Well, ROMANCE AND SEX AND ROMANTIC IDEALS??? Sounds perfect for a book to read during the month of Valentine's day!
In stretch goals this month - if, by some miracle, I finish Madame Bovary in fewer than four weeks, I'll start on Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. Because nothing says February (and Valentine's Day) like reading a lot of romance-based novels of questionable relationships, right?
So those are my goals for this month. See you at the end of the month!

Comments

Popular Posts