THE (probably incorrect) WAY I CLEAN MAKEUP BRUSHES

According to various sources (here meaning Buzzfeed and a google search), you're technically supposed to wash your brushes somewhere between daily and twice a month, with the average being weekly.
Well.
Oops.

I don't clean my brushes as often as I should, but here's the way I do it when I do remember to wash them. (I am not a dermatologist, professional makeup artist, or anyone else with any kind of qualifications to recommend these things. This is just what I do.)

So, first start with a bunch of dirty makeup brushes.
(or one dirty brush, whatever)
I usually use Dr. Bronner's soap, which is quite concentrated. This is the almond scent, and it's the favorite one that I've used. It was also the only size CVS had when I needed to restock. Usually I'll put enough to cover the bottom of whatever glass I'm using to wash with, and then fill the rest of the cup up with water. (seriously, this stuff is strong, so you don't need a lot.)

And then just stick the brush in and swirl it around. Go until you the water changes color, and then swirl around a few more times. There's more product in there than you think.


Then I rinse out the brush and wipe it off...
and then lay it out to dry.



again, I'm not sure if this is necessarily the professional-recommended way to do it. This is the way I do it, and the way I do it is entirely motivated by a sort of "I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH PRODUCT ON MY BRUSHES I NEED TO FIX IT" mentality.
So there you go!

Comments

Popular Posts