March Ipsy Unboxing

WELCOME BACK! I'm here with another exciting ipsy unbagging! This is going up on a Wednesday instead of Monday because of the shift in panning updates for the project 10 pan. HERE WE GO!

First off, this bag is kinda cool - the top folds over, so this bag technically holds more than most ipsy bags, so that's kinda cool. The total value for this bag is around $40 - slightly less than usual, but a few things I'll get a lot of use out of.

So here's everything:




The first thing I got is the Tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint in the shade Rosé.

This has a number of claims: it's full-coverage, dries down matte, and is apparently transfer-proof (though how transfer-proof can a lip product be, anyway?). I think the shade is okay - it's almost a "my lips but better" shade, but it goes on somewhat streaky. It does dry down quickly, as the name suggests, but I don't think it's entirely transfer-proof. I haven't gotten the chance to wear it for more than half an hour so I don't know if it's long-wearing, and does make my lips feel kind of dry. I've realized I'm really into more berry shades for lipsticks, so if this does turn out to wear really well then I might try something in this formula but darker.
The full size retails for $20; this sample is worth $3.30. I'm glad I got the sample, but I'm not going to buy the full size in this shade.


Next is the Marc Anthony True Professional Deep Repair Aloe Vera and Jasmine Oil Deep Repairing Conditioning Treatment. How's that for a long product name?
This seems to be some sort of miracle conditioner. It has a lot of claims - repair, hydrate, soften, and shine, AND protect color! BUT ONLY USE IT ONCE A WEEK (according to the back)! This is the first time I've gotten a hair product from ipsy and I'm curious to try this out.
It's only available at Ulta in a foil packet instead of a big tube; this is technically a full-size (both the foil and this bottle are 1.69 fl oz), and the foil retails for $2.99.


Third! Pur 4-in-1 Disappearing Ink Concealer.
This is the first time I've gotten a concealer from ipsy, so we're 2/5 for new kinds of products this month! This is in the shade "light," which is still a little dark for me (it's not the lightest shade that Pür stocks, which is nice). The full size is $23 for .12 fluid ounces, making this sample $13.40 for .07 fl oz. I don't know if I'd buy the full size if I ran out of this, even if I did buy the slightly lighter shade, just for that price tag - there's not a lot of product in here, so for $23 I wouldn't even be getting double what's in here. It'll be a good travel-size concealer, but once I'm out I'll probably go back to the $5 NYX Concealer Jar.
Here's a comparison. The top is without concealer, the bottom is with. I'm looking to cover up some of the acne near my mouth. It does work, but not as well as I'd like.


It DOES help reduce the redness, but the yellow splotch against slightly-sunburned-pink makes the concealer a bit obvious.


NEXT is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer
I ran out of a moisturizing serum earlier this year (I think it was called the Hey Honey Silk Serum, which I also got in an ipsy bag); I was considering buying the full size of that, but it was really expensive. I'm excited this came along because, if I like it, the full size is half that price. The one time I tried this, it felt pretty good on my skin, so I may go ahead and get the full size if it keeps working well with my skin.
Full size $24; sample size $4.80.


LAST ITEM: mPrincess pressed eyeshadow in Chestnut.
This is a full-size product in a super pretty shade; I'm excited to try it out once I'm done with a few other eyeshadows. They're also cruelty-free, so if I ever use up all of my eyeshadows and I wind up liking this formula, I'll definitely look into some of the other shades. I also appreciate the fact that this has a 36-month expiration date, which is slightly longer than most eyeshadows, so I can put off panning it for a little while and not worry.
On the hand swatch (if you can look past my bracelet trying to photobomb this swatch picture), the top two are without primer and the bottom two are with Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer; each swatch you see is about four passes total. The top and bottom ones are with a brush. It's not a lot of pigment deposit, but it's definitely buildable and a very pretty color.
FULL SIZE: $15 FOR 1.7 G.

Comments

Popular Posts