MADAME BOVARY VIDEO

About time I got this video up, right? I anticipated getting this video up sooner, because I finished it around the time I got the Woman in White posted on YouTube, but life happened, so I got it up at the end of March instead. So, almost two months later, here's my video for Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert, and final thoughts about the book in general will be below the video.


So, final thoughts:
I really liked this, but not in the way I thought I would. I guess I really like relationship/ internal books, and this was all of that. Emma's issues are all internal: she just can't settle for things she has (a husband and kid being the main two), and when the going gets tough (and her husband's salary is compromised), she doesn't help.
That being said, maybe it's a terrible reflection on me, but I can see she tries escapism. Maybe because that was me in high school (not in the same way, because I was an emotional teenager who wrote emo short stories rather than an adult with dependents whose future is being compromised as she runs off to sleep with people), but I understand the desire to get away from the stress of dealing with sucky emotions.
I did like it, though. If you like flowery internal monologue novels, this is for you.
So far, a ranking of enjoyment of the 46 books challenge ones I've read so far is:
1. JANE EYRE
2. MADAME BOVARY
3. WOMAN IN WHITE
4. HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY

Have you read this? What did you think of it? Comment below!

Comments

Popular Posts