Pan that Palette Update #3

Welcome back! We're at the end of March, so another pan that palette update! Here's the comparison from last month to this month: (end of February on top, end of March on bottom)

This month, I focused on Rum Raisin and Pink Sugar; later in the month (like two or three days in), I started working on Peanut Butter as well. The anticipated pan was in Coconut Creme - I was trying to hit pan last month, and I finally actually hit pan this month. I'll probably keep using it as a base shade throughout the year, so I'm not too worried about how much I have left to work on with this. I also expanded a bit of the pan on Nougat, BonBon, and Caramel since the last update as well.

Of this month's focus shades, I hit pan on Pink Sugar first, on the 20th. I've been using it mostly as a face highlight and it's my least favorite shade in the palette, so I'm glad I had a dent in it first.
I hit pan in Rum Raisin not long after, on the 21st. I've mostly been using it as a crease shade, which may have been why it took a little longer than Pink Sugar (less space to put product and everything).


I didn't hit pan on Peanut Butter this month, but I did get a significant dent in it. This is the third time this has happened with matte shades, so it's probably just a matte vs shimmer shade thing. If I include it at all next month, I'll probably hit pan on it. I didn't plan on panning this at the beginning of the month, so I didn't take a starter photo, but here it is at the end of the month:


From here until June, I'm planning on panning three shades a month instead of two. I'll hopefully be able to hit pan on everything by the end of June, and spend the second half of the year trying to use everything up and/ or figuring out whether I want to finish every shade or just hit pan on everything.
For next month's shades, I'm focusing on Licorice (matte black), Puddin (grey matte mocha), and Butter Pecan (shimmery champagne). Knowing my track record with mattes, Puddin and Licorice probably won't have any pan by the end of the month, but you never know. (This is part of the reason why I want to start doing three per month, to make sure I can get a lot of progress earlier on in the month). Here's the starter photo for each of them:




I'll probably use Licorice as liner or in the crease; Puddin can probably be in the outer V or in the main lid, and Butter Pecan can go all over the lid and possibly as a cheekbone highlight as well. You'll also see a new project pan starting on Wednesday (the 29th) so hopefully they'll all pair well with the items in that project!
What's your progress like? Leave me a comment! Link me to your videos and blogs! tweet me!

Comments

Popular Posts