Aesthetically Pleasing Book Tag

I found this when browsing the archives of Dreamland Book Blog (link here to the original post) and I thought I'd give it a go. Feel free to do it for yourself as well!

1. Best color combo on a book cover

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. I haven't gotten through this yet, and at this point I'm mostly keeping it because I think it's pretty, but I really love the warmth of this cover.


2. Best typography/ font on a book cover

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol. This is a little bit cheating because there are a bunch of quotes in different fonts, but it's still pretty. I almost don't want to get to this one because I don't want to mess up the cover.


3. Best simple cover

Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour bookstore - this is another one I haven't gotten to yet. But it's simple and relevant, which I appreciate.


4. Best endpages

Bullfinch's mythology. LOOK AT IT. IT'S SO PRETTY.

5. Best map

The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien - this is a little bit cheating because I have Lord of the Rings later on this list, but still. LOOK AT IT.

6. Best naked hardback

Signing their Lives Away, about the signers of the constitution. 
With jacket:

Without:



I like this because it's so simple - it's not trying to be a whole new pattern, but it's just enough to show effort of changing what's under the jacket.

7. Best Back Cover

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - I like this because of how the tree acts as the spine. Also, the mirroring with the two kids.



8. Best chapter headers

I'm saying the entirety of the Harry Potter series (J.K. Rowling), but this is from Deathly Hallows.

9. Best Illustrations

Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien. My dad has the edition that Alan Lee illustrated, and it's so pretty.

10. Best Spine

I couldn't pick one of the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness, so here's all three of them.

11. favorite cover on your shelves

I just really like the portrait on this one, so here's Revolutionary Mothers.

Comments

Popular Posts