#RainbowProjectPan (collab)/ 8 By Summer Project Pan intro

Welcome to a new project pan! I hadn't initially planned on doing this project, but I saw a few intros on YouTube, and I immediately wanted to try it. I initially saw it on Elle S's channel (link to her intro here), but it was created by Mimmi W and Hala Gabrielle; others that are also joining in on Instagram are Puesresultaque and PastelsAndCoffee.
This project is based around the 8 colors of the Gay Pride flag. As someone in the LGBTQIA+ community (I'm bisexual), I really like this idea and I definitely wanted to try it.
The initial timeline was to start at the beginning of March and go through June 1st, but I'm starting a little late so I'm using a 7-by-summer timeline and go through June 21st (the summer solstice, and most of the way through Pride Month). Updates will be on Wednesdays for this project.
So with the intro over with, let's get into the products!


The first color in the Pride flag is hot pink, which symbolizes sex. I don't own a lot of pink items, so we're going with the only hot pink item I could find in my collection: this Milani lipstick in Matte Orchid. This is one of my more recent purchases and I haven't used it a lot, so my goal for this is more to make a dent and see if I like it. I really like the formula from what I've tried so far, but I don't often wear this bright of lipstick, so we'll see how this goes!

I also learned from another YouTuber (I don't remember who I saw doing this, but it's a fantastic idea) to mark lipstick progress on the cap, so here's that progress marker:

The next color on the Pride flag is red to symbolize life. I knew I couldn't do multiple lipsticks in a project, so I'm using the red shade from the Jelly Pong Pong Neapolitan Trio. It's a 3-color palette based around (you probably guessed it) Neapolitan Ice Cream. I got this in an Ipsy bag last summer, and I've already hit pan a little in the red shade. I'm hoping to expand the pan in this, and possibly finish the shade. I'd also like to hit pan in the other two shades, but I won't be too mad if I don't.

Next in the Pride flag is orange for healing. I do have a number of orange shades, but the one that will expire the soonest is the Stila Stay All Day liquid liner in Amber. It's a great orange shade and can work well on its own and with other shades I normally wear.

Next up is Yellow for Sun. I own maybe one yellow eyeshadow, and I'm trying to pan too many eyeshadows right now, so I'm going with the Pink Lemonade Fizz Fine Fragrance Mist from Bath and Body Works. As mentioned in past posts, I worked at Bath and Body Works one summer; I got this as gratis because that was one of the limited edition fragrances that summer. I do like this but, obviously, I haven't used a lot of it since then. I also think the bottle is a pretty shade of yellow.

Green for nature is the next shade, and I'm going with the Formula X nail polish in Huntress. This came in my November Ipsy bag, so that's why it's so tiny. It's a very dark green shade, but I don't have a lot of green items in my collection, so here we go. I don't often wear nail polish, but this is tiny so it shouldn't be too hard to work through.

Turquoise is for the Arts on the Pride flag; I'm using Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Yes, technically this comes out skin tone and it's just in a blue tube, but many of my other blue items are eyeliner, which I have two of in this project already. If I finish it before the end of the project, I have plenty of blue/ turquoise things that can replace it.

Indigo for Harmony is next. I don't have a lot of indigo things, so I'm continuing the precedent of "going by the packaging rather than the product color." This is the Luna by Luna highlighter in Calypso that I got in February's Ipsy bag. I love this shade - I've been using it a lot since I got it, and I look forward to using it more. Since this is a baked formula and comes kind of domed, my goal with this is just to flatten the dome a little; if I hit pan, all the better!

Last is Violet for Spirit; I'm using the Hikari Liquid Liner in Iris. It's a really pretty dark purple shade. I got it in my December Ipsy bag, and I haven't used it since (oops). It's a little watery, but it builds really well, so I'm excited to work on it.

Here are all the swatches for the swatch-able things. From top to bottom is the Milani lipstick, the red Neapolitan shade, the orange Stila eyeliner, the gap that's hard to see is the Luna highlighter, and the bottom is the Hikari eyeliner. The Iris liner has been built up a few times, so it looks a little dark.

What would you do for this project? Send me your updates and thoughts!

Comments

Popular Posts