20 Beauty Questions tag

Hey everyone! I was stumped for things to post about today, so I did a Google search and found this tag. So I decided to do it.

Do you remember your first makeup item?
My grandparents got me one of those Sephora all-in-one holiday sets for Christmas in 2007. They got it for all the granddaughters (there were only five of us), which made sense for the granddaughters in 2007... except me. I was at the peak of my "I hate makeup, it's so stupid and so girly, blah blah" phase, so getting me a ginormous makeup kit was literally the worst Christmas present that 8th-grade me could imagine.
I still have it, and I feel bad for hating on it now that I know how expensive it probably was.

Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that meets your specifications?
My perfect mascara is something that makes my eyes look not lame. Anything that's on sale works.

What kind of coverage do you prefer in a foundation?
I don't wear a lot of foundation, so sheer to medium coverage is fine for me. I have a BB and a CC cream that I'm working through right now, so those are fine for me. It's not an essential part of makeup for me so I don't really wear it.

Favorite high end brand?
I don't own enough of a variety of high end brands to say properly. If we're going by "number of items I've owned," I'd say Too Faced, but again, this is just because I have the most of Too Faced over any other high end brand. (and, currently, I have three Too Faced things, and I've had six in my life).

What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't?
So many. For high end, I'd like to try more of Urban Decay and Tarte; for drugstore/ online: MakeupGeek, Milani, and Colourpop.

Favorite Drugstore brand?
Nyx, hands down. I own waaay too many of their products but I am perfectly fine with that.

Do you wear fake lashes?
Absolutely not. I don't have the time and the look isn't my style, so I probably won't.

Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
Not necessarily. I'm fine with just leaving without any makeup on, but if I do go out with minimal, it's usually eyeliner and highlighter.

What is your most cherished beauty product?
I don't know - I don't put too much emotional stock into my makeup. But if I have to pick one, it'll probably be my magnetic palettes because it's a lot of singles I could easily wear every day. I also really enjoy the semi-sweet palette from Too Faced.

How often do you shop for makeup? Do you shop here and there or do you get a lot at once?
more of the former, but I'm trying to do more of the latter. doing the "this and that while I'm here" is the way I got too much of my makeup in the first place, so I'm trying to wait and restock in one go.

Do you have a "beauty budget" or do you spend freely?
Again, I've been doing more of the latter, but since I've started tracking my spending, I've been trying to keep the value of my intake each month at or under $100. (That's not necessarily how much I'll actually spend on makeup, since ipsy will cover almost half of that but I'll only spend $10).

What kind of product do you buy the most of?
Eyeliners or eyeshadow singles. The latter is a little disappointing, because I haven't been using a lot of eyeshadow singles since the start of the year.

Do you avoid certain ingredients like parabens and sulfates?
No, I just try to avoid makeup that's been tested on animals.

Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
I tend to go on sephora.com or shop at CVS when I ned to go for other things. I'll sometimes place an order on Nyx's website and occasionally on Etsy as well.

Do you like trying new skincare items or do you keep to a certain routine?
More the latter, but I'm terrible at even keeping a "wash your face nightly" kind of routine. When I remember, I'll do a moisturizer in the morning and wash my face at night, and use hand/ body lotion when I remember to.

Favorite bath and body brand?
Bath and Body Works.

Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
Not really for the lip and cheek, but I do appreciate when a blush is also eye safe and vice versa.

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I'd like to think not, except for blush. I have no idea where to put blush on my face.

Have you ever considered taking makeup classes?
Not really: YouTube exists and could probably teach me to improve things like blush placement.

What do you love about makeup?
You can present yourself in a certain way, and bring out or diminish things you do or don't like.

Comments

Popular Posts