Social Media Book Tag!

Today is another book tag! Today we're doing the Social Media Book tag. I saw This on SpinesAndCovers (link here), and I really liked the idea. Let me know what you think!

TWITTER: YOUR FAVORITE SHORT BOOK
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I just finished it and I really enjoyed reading it. I nearly cried at the end. That doesn't often happen anymore, so this is a really good book.

FACEBOOK - A BOOK EVERYONE PRESSURED YOU INTO READING
This is less of a "pressure to read it" and more that I feel as if I'm the only person who hates it, so I feel a little pressure to like it when I don't: Wuthering Heights. Everyone seems to love it except me, and I'm okay with that. Mostly. I feel a little bad. Only a little. Mostly I just hate it. But if we're going with a book that I read because a lot of other people were also reading, I'd go with The Fault in our Stars by John Green.

TUMBLR - A BOOK YOU READ BEFORE IT WAS COOL
I don't actually have one for this, because I'm still at the point where I'm following a lot of booktubers for new releases and recommendations outside of the 46 books challenge, so I'm not ahead of the curve enough that I can be a hipster in that regard. If there's any answer, it would be be The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I read it at the recommendation of the person I was dating at the time, and I read it before I met anyone else who had read it or was interested in reading it. Though it's never exactly been super mainstream, it would be the best answer to this question.

MYSPACE - A BOOK YOU DON'T REMEMBER IF YOU ACTUALLY LIKED IT OR NOT
The Haunting of Hill House. I read this for class last year, and I vaguely remember liking the premise, but I don't remember if I made it to the end or if I actually liked how it turned out. Also, Rebecca for the same reason, but I got even less into that than with Haunting of Hill House.

INSTAGRAM - A BOOK SO BEAUTIFUL YOU HAD TO PHOTOGRAPH IT
I don't know. A lot of books are really pretty, so I can't pick just one. SO for this, just because I have to pick something, I'm going with the Middle English edition of Canterbury Tales. I had to buy this for class last year and I wound up keeping it because it's so pretty.

YOUTUBE - A BOOK YOU WISH WOULD BE TURNED INTO A MOVIE
I'm going with A Discovery of Witches, but that's a little bit cheating. Deborah Harkness has teased that the trilogy is getting a TV series, and I'm so hyped. If we're going with things that aren't set for adaptation, I'm going with Cinder by Marissa Meyer.

GOODREADS: A BOOK YOU'D RECOMMEND TO ANYONE
Since I can't say anything from the All Souls Trilogy now, I'll go with Jane Eyre.  Yes, everyone has heard of it, but it's not the stuffy kind of classics book where everything is flowery. If you hate romance novels and potentially questionable power dynamics, you should still read it because it's still a really good book from a sentence-to-sentence reading standpoint.

SKYPE: A book with characters you wish you could talk to instead of just reading about
I'm going with Pride and Prejudice, just because I remember really enjoying it and I'd like to actually hang out with Elizabeth Bennet.

Comments

Popular Posts