25 facts about me!

Hey everyone! Instead of a bookish topic this week (oops) here's a bit of CHARACTER BUILDING! - 25 things you might not know about me from the five or so posts I've already done.


  1. I used to HATE makeup. I was of the opinion that if you wore makeup you were automatically a vapid sissy. That opinion has since changed, obviously, but I'm not as gung-ho about things as I used to be, and I jump at loud noises more, so maybe I was on to something?
  2. I got a second degree black belt in high school. Haven't done any kind of martial arts since I did an Aikido elective in college. So maybe again with the sissy thing?
  3. I knit a lot. Major projects include an afghan for my brother's wedding and my prom dress, which no longer fits.
  4. I've been doing NaNoWriMo since 2010. It's almost always been a fantasy novel. The year it wasn't a fantasy novel was the year I didn't even hit 35k words, so I think that says something.
  5. I can read Ancient Greek, but not very well. I took it for seven semesters in college, but I was struggling by the end. (it was partly because the last semester was Plato and the class was at 8 AM, but I digress.)
  6. I also know a little bit of Spanish and a little bit of American Sign Language, but I'm not very good at either.
  7. The longest run I've ever done is 11 miles. I don't recommend it, which is why I'm crazy enough to want to do a half marathon.
  8. my favorite color is orange.
  9. My favorite TV shows are Galavant and FRIENDS.
  10. I once got second place in an ice cream eating contest.
  11. I sung in choir every year from fifth grade to senior year of college. I was never a soloist. (I was also not a music major, so that might contribute.)
  12. Until 2017, I had been in more shows and productions than I have years in my life. (this year will tie.)
  13. I have no pets and I am VERY sad about it.
  14. I have one older brother. He has pets. I'm jealous.
  15. My least favorite color is pink, though I hate it less than I once did.
  16. Again, I haven't run anything longer than 11 miles, but I would like to work up to a half marathon and later a full marathon. That's not going to happen for a while, though.
  17. I was a boy scout and a girl scout in high school. I was able to go to Switzerland and Philmont because of it.
  18. Switzerland was not the only trip I've made out of my home country. I've also been to Canada, Peru, Guatemala, Italy, Greece, and Turkey.
  19. I would love to go to Egypt, South Korea, Iceland, England, and Thailand.
  20. I've lived in the same part of the same country my whole life.
  21. My two favorite subjects in school were English and history, and for some reason I majored in English and decided to go into a history-focused industry.
  22. I don't like grapefruit.
  23. I learned to knit (the right-handed way) when I was seven years old and learned to crochet (the left-handed way) when I was nine. I'm very bad at reading crocheting patterns because of this.
  24. Also, I'm left handed. It's really not as strange as you think it is, and I think you're just as weird for being a righty.
  25. My Hogwarts house is Gryffindor and my Ilvermorny house is Thunderbird. I only sort of think it's accurate. I'm definitely a bit of a wimp to be in Gryffindor.

Comments

Popular Posts