HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY!

So I originally finished reading this book in September but I was working on the shawlette.
Yarn available here, pattern available here.

Final thoughts on this:
I did enjoy reading this - it's probably the only book with this kind of humor on the 42 Books challenge. Obviously, it's pretty good, because a lot of places recommended it.
I don't think it would necessarily work in the same genre of "classics" as the rest - this is by nature an irreverent comedy. It's not a book intended to be read in depth or analyzed at length, unlike some of the other works in this challenge. Initially, I was a little surprised seeing on this list - I've either been assigned some of these novels or assigned the authors in school before, with very few exceptions (and even then, I've heard of Salman Rushdie, and I may have gotten assigned Thomas Hardy if I had gone through a slightly different courseload in college. The only exception is Wilkie Collins or The Woman in White.)
In all, though, I did like this a lot. I may have unintentionally read the only really lighthearted book as the second novel in the challenge, so hopefully another book comes along that's just as fun.
Should you check it out? I can't say for you personally. I don't know what you're necessarily into. If you're here for the life-changing, give-me-all-the-feelings, I-wish-I-had-studied-literature-so-I-could-analyze-this-well kind of book, this is ABSOLUTELY NOT what you're here for. But if you're here for fun, light, rather absurd reads, check this one out, and then go on your way because I get the feeling it'll only be darker from here.

Comments

Popular Posts