Pan that Palette Update #1

WELCOME BACK!
Here's my first update for the pan that palette challenge!
Well, the good news is that I've used this every day this month. Wooo!! I've focused on using nougat and bonbon this month; unfortunately this was almost to the exclusion of other shades.
Since I've been using nougat and bonbon the most, those are the ones with the biggest dips. Also, look at this. LOOK AT IT.
DO YOU SEE THAT TINY SHINY BIT? THAT IS A BIT OF PAN IN BONBON. WOOO!!! I only just hit pan today when I was doing my makeup (I'm typing and photographing this post on the 28TH. I assume the pan will only get bigger from here).
So here is a side-by-side photo comparison of the entire palette from last month and this month:
I'm going to be working on coconut creme and caramel more next month, so I'm hoping that I'll get as much of a dip on those as I have on bonbon and nougat. The difficulty is that, if coconut creme, as a matte shade, is anything like nougat, it'll probably be harder to pan than a shimmery shade like bonbon or caramel. Compare these photos:
I've used Nougat more days and (I think) over more of my lid than I've put bonbon, and there's less of a dip on nougat than there is on bonbon. An additional challenge with coconut creme is that it's one of the largest shades in the palette, so it'll be harder to hit pan on. I have a tendency to sweep my brush all over the pan rather than just in one area. Hopefully I'll be able to get a significant dip on caramel and coconut creme, but it's still early in the year so hopefully I'll still be able to finish it.

For a daily breakdown: I would often use coconut creme as a base, and occasionally peanut butter and caramel in looks as well. I didn't use many of the darker shades: puddin, frosting, and truffled probably were used the most of the darker shades, and I kind of avoided licorice and hot fudge altogether. I've mostly been using the Matte Mosciwitz shade (a single shade from the Meet Matte Trimony palette from theBalm, which I'm using in my project ten pan) in the crease, so when I've finished with that I'll probably be able to work on the darker shades a bit more.

Thanks for reading! Are you doing a project pan or pan that palette challenge? Let me know about your progress in the comments! Link me to your youtube! Send me your Instagram!

Comments

Popular Posts