What's in my travel makeup bag?

I don't travel a whole ton but when I do, I try to fit everything I want to put on my face in an Ipsy bag. It keeps everything simple - I don't do a whole ton of makeup every day anyway, so I don't take a whole ton of items.
Many of these are placeholders - it's more of a "generally I'll take this kind of thing" rather than THIS SPECIFIC THING IS FANTASTIC OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TO BUY IT. Except maybe the eyeshadow brush.

HERE THEY ARE:




1. Too Faced Shadow Insurance
This is a deluxe sample, so great size for travel. It's an eye primer. It works. There's nothing much to say about this. It's a pretty good formula.



2. NYX Love In Paris - Merci Beaucoup
Can you tell which colors I really like? I'm a little disappointed that the Love in Paris line been discontinued - I would have loved to get a few more of this palette. The pans are a little on the small side, but it keeps the palette compact, which I appreciate. I may work on panning it towards the end of this year, depending on how Pan that Palette goes. In all, this is a pretty good eyeshadow palette.


3. Wet n Wild brown pencil liner
This is to the point, really. I don't really put ALL THE MAKEUP ON MY FACE, and I like to carry double-duty products when on the road. In this case, I can use this on my brows as well. During a project pan (like now) I might carry whichever eyeliner I'm working on.



4. Better than Sex mascara
Like the eyeliner, this is kind of a placeholder for "whatever mascara I'm working on right now." Ipsy sent me a sample size a month after I bought the full size. I'm not sure I would repurchase the full size - for 3-5 times the price of a drugstore mascara, I'm not sure it's 3-5 times better than something that I could get from NYX or Wet n Wild. But, since this is the mascara I'm working on right now, here it is!


5. Burt's Bees Wild Cherry Lip Balm
I don't often do a lot of crazy lip colors on a day-to-day basis (despite the number of liquid lipsticks I own). If I'm putting anything on my mouth, it's usually a lip balm. Right now, this is the one I'm working on.



6. Royal and Langnickel brush
This came in the first Ipsy bag I ever got, and I really like it! I appreciate this because I can do everything I need to do with the one brush.



BONUS: I KNOW I HAVE TO BE FANCY, WHAT DO I BRING?

Make Beauty highlighter
As mentioned in the Project Pan intro, I LOVE this shade. I appreciate that this is so small and can be applied without a brush, so I like this specifically for travel. I don't know if I love it QUITE enough to get the full size. (I also don't like the applicator on the full size.)



Soft Matte Lip Cream - Monte Carlo
Okay, I know I JUST said I don't usually do crazy lip colors or anything, but this is In The Event of Fanciness. I really like this color for my skin tone, but I usually wouldn't take this many places unless I knew I had to be fancy.


Comments

Popular Posts