IPSY UNBOXING


Here's what I got in Ipsy this month! I'll just do this in order of how you normally put them on your face, so here we go.

TEMPTU, BASE SMOOTH AND MATTE PRIMER

This is apparently an all-in-one primer. The Temptu website says it "creates a poreless finish, diffuses imperfections, combats shine and helps makeup last, shine-free," and isn't oily or greasy. I haven't tried it yet, because I'm working through the ELF primer right now, but I'm interested to see how this holds up to its claims.
Full size: $35.00, 1.01 fl oz
Ipsy size: $8.65, .25 fl oz

THEBALM, BAHAMA MAMA BRONZER

I already like theBalm - I have a full size of the Mary LouManizer highlighter and the Hot Mama blush, so I'm excited for this. The site says this is a multi-purpose product - a bronzer without any orange undertones (I had no idea that was an issue), a contour powder, a brow filler, AND is eye-safe for eyeshadow. My one issue with the sample sizes of theBalm face products is that they're all the size of tiny eyeshadows. The full size is a good size for face products, but the sample size looks more like an eyeshadow.
Full size: $20, 7.08 g
Ipsy size: $1.67, .25 g

CROWN BRUSH/ BEAUTE BASICS C405 CONTOUR BLUSH BRUSH

When I got this I was initially a little confused because 'Beaute Basics' was printed on the handle, but private labelling exists and ipsy has already addressed it on their website. (Private labelling is when a company like Crown Brushes will mass produce a series of products, like brushes or eyeshadow palettes, and stamp another company's logo on it so the other brand can sell it.)
Anyway, that's why I didn't photograph the branded side of the brush; I wasn't sure if I'd gotten the wrong one or they had just sent out private labelled ones. The brush definitely works well with the bronzer, and I've needed a brush like this so I'm excited to try.
Crown Brush price: $7.50


NAKED COSMETICS, MICA PIGMENT IN DESERT SUNSET #02

This color is described by ipsy as a "shimmery champagne," but it shows up a little more pink on me. It's definitely a pretty color, but I don't often use pigments. I'm curious to try it out more, though. I'm curious about why it doesn't have a sifter, though - it seems like everything could just fall out and make a massive mess if the lid isn't on tight enough. It's a full size, though, so that's awesome.
Full size price: $15, 1.5g/.05 oz


PUR-LISSE BLUE LOTUS SEED 5-IN-1 MUD MASK + EXFOLIANT

I really like getting skincare in sample sizes - usually they're just enough for me to use them before I get bored and, often, I don't want to buy the full size anyway. This claims to brighten, detoxify, tighten, soothe, and exfoliate skin. However much I like this product, the price might deter me from buying the full size. Pur does sell this travel size on the website as well, which I might repurchase depending on how I liked it.
Full size: $52, 2.5 oz/ 70 ml
Travel size/ Ipsy size: $20, .5 oz/ 15 ml

Comments

Popular Posts