Gryffindor Makeup Look

Hello again! I know Fridays are supposed to be bookish, but I'm counting this as bookish since it was inspired by a book. Because I'm doing the Harry Potter Project Pan, I'm doing some looks based on the four Hogwarts houses. This look is inspired by the Gryffindor house colors of scarlet and gold. According to Pottermore, I'm a Gryffindor - and I'm okay with that. (If I were to get a second house, though, I think it would be Ravenclaw.)
To quote from Pottermore, Gryffindors value "the virtues of courage, bravery, and determination." We're the most logical pick for being heroes in an adventure story, but we're also most likely to dive headlong into a battle and die in a stupidly avoidable manner. I don't usually come off as a gryffindor because I'm the friendly neighborhood introvert, but I'm Neville - I'm awful at things until I get really into a movement and find my niche.
This was inspired by Gryffindor's house colors, and is hopefully the right thing for any adventure.




I started with the E.L.F. Illuminating Face Primer because it's gold-ish and radiant, like most Gryffindors. Then I used THE Pur-Lisse BB cream in "light," because this is the only foundation-type product that's actually been the right shade for me.
For face makeup, I used the PrettiesForYourFace highlighter in "Goldslick," and one of the items in the Harry Potter project pan. I'm also using the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush sample in "Paaarty," because people in Gryffindor are real party animals. (Except me, because #Anxiety), and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in "Soft Brown" to fill in the brows. This is the second time I've used this (it only just came in the mail), but I like it.
For eye primer, I used the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and went in with a Coastal Scents Hot Pot Eyeshadow in "Orange Mousse" - these are great for a $2 formula (and, PSA, they're doing a 99-cent sale right now!). In the outer third and crease I used the Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in "paradox" (with a finger and a stiff brush) and mixed in the Shiro Loose Pigment in "If You've Got Enough Nerve" in the crease and as the lower lashline as well. (I had to get the Ginny Weasley quote in there somehow, because it pretty much sums up the Gryffindor mentality).
Finished off with the NYX Auto Eyeliner in "White," Wet N Wild Megaprotein Mascara, and the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita.

Comments

Popular Posts