Pride Month Looks

Welcome back! Because June is pride month, and I just ordered a lot of rainbow eyeshadow, I'm going to try doing some looks based around the pride flags. Since I'm bisexual, I'm going to be biased and start with my own flag. The colors there are pink, purple, and blue, and the flag looks like this:

A little context for what the flag's colors mean: the pink is for same-gender attraction, blue is for other-gender attraction, and purple is for the attraction to both.
I used the blue and pink theme for the eye look - I tried to blend them together for purple, but it didn't work out as I'd hoped. I didn't use mascara for the photo, which I maybe should've done.
For primer, I used the NYX pearl eye primer ($7; you can find it at the drugstore or on the NYX website) - it's tacky enough to keep the loose pigments on my eye, which I appreciate.
Both of the pigments I used I got on shirocosmetics.com - I just got the $1 sample bags because I wasn't sure I'd use the full sizes. For blue, I used Dertivore's 'Azura'; for the pink, I used Shiro's 'One More Year.' I also put a bit of Wet n Wild eyeliner (the blue shade is called 'Like, Comment, or Share' and it's $1 at the drugstore) on the lower lashline. Here's how it turned out:


Comments

Popular Posts